Roasted Cauliflower Mediterranean Farro Salad
This Mediterranean Farro Salad recipe was up to date on April 6, 2021 to incorporate new description and pictures.
This scrumptious and wholesome farro salad bowl is impressed by a lunch I had few years in the past at this cute little cafe known as Cafe Lumiere. I used to be hungry, however wished to have one thing mild so I selected their easy Mediterranean Bowl. It was so good! Once I got here dwelling I knew I wished to recreate it for a lightweight dinner and this Roasted Cauliflower Mediterranean Farro Salad is the consequence!
This recipe is infinitely versatile. Listed below are some methods you could possibly change it up:
- Use any sturdy grain as an alternative of farro. Barley, quinoa (a seed – I do know), or brown rice would all work.
- Add thinly sliced steak or shredded rotisserie rooster for additional protein.
- Add different roasted veggies like chickpeas, winter squashes, or broccoli.
- Prime with extra big-flavor Mediterranean pantry gadgets like sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and olives.
So this model ought to be seen as a place to begin and a base. Personally, I actually just like the spicy yogurt sauce, however a drizzle of excellent olive oil and flakey salt would work simply as properly.
Make Spicy Yogurt Sauce
I sort of made this up on the fly nevertheless it turned out nice. It nearly has a tex-mex really feel to it due to the cumin and Serrano pepper, however consider it or not it really works properly with the salad bowls.
Mix all the pieces collectively in a meals processor after which style and alter. You may want an additional pinch of salt or possibly one other splash of lemon. Make it your personal!
Making the Mediterranean Farro Salad
The one issues you have to cook dinner for this recipe are the cauliflower and the farro. I simply broke my purple cauliflower into florets and drizzled with olive oil. Roast at 400˚ for about 25 minutes till they’re charred in spots.
Prepare dinner the farro in flippantly salted water till it’s tender, once more about 20-25 minutes. When the farro is tender, you possibly can drain off additional water and let it steam within the pan for a couple of minutes.
One trick I like to make use of to loosen up farro a bit is to sliver-cut some child spinach and blend it in as soon as the farro has cooled a bit. Provides the farro salad sort of a lighter, contemporary texture.
Time to prime these salad bowls! I loaded mine up with roasted cauliflower, marinated arichokes, avocado, and contemporary mint.
However wait! Extra toppings!
Drizzle on a few of the dressing (or serve it on the facet), plus I added some sunflower seeds and pomegranate seeds for additional crunch and colour.
You possibly can be ok with serving and consuming this Mediterranean Farro Salad any time!
This scrumptious farrow salad has a few of my favourite flavors: charred cauliflower, artichokes, avocado, farro, and a spicy yogurt sauce to tug all the pieces collectively. Nice mild dinner or weekday lunch possibility!
1 cup farro, boiled till tender
1 head purple cauliflower
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup marinated artichokes
1 ripe avocado
2 cups child spinach, slivered
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Contemporary mint, garnish
Salt and pepper
1 cup greek yogurt
1 serrano pepper, seeds eliminated
1 lemon, juice solely
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup additional virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 F˚. Use a paring knife to chop florets off the cauliflower head. Lay out florets on a baking sheet (line with parchment paper for simpler cleanup). Drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Roast cauliflower for 20-25 minutes till tender and charred in spots.
- Prepare dinner farro in flippantly salted water (I take advantage of 4 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of kosher salt per cup of farro). Carry to a simmer, add the farro, cut back warmth to low, cowl, and simmer till tender – possibly 20-25 minutes. As soon as farro is cooked by and tender, drain off any additional water, take away from warmth, cowl, and let steam for five minutes. Then fluff with a fork.
- To make sauce, add all sauce components to a meals processor and pulse till easy. Modify to your liking. If you happen to don’t have a meals processor you possibly can finely mince the garlic and pepper and stir all the pieces collectively. It gained’t be a easy, however the flavors will nonetheless work.
- To construct your salad, mince some child spinach and stir into your barely cooled farro (if the farro is just too scorching it is going to wilt the spinach). Divide farro between bowls. Prime with roasted cauliflower, avocado, and artichokes.
- Garnish bowls with pomegranate seeds, contemporary mint, sunflower seeds, and a heavy drizzle of yogurt sauce.