These Inside Out Carrot Cake Muffins are the right deal with for breakfast, snack time, dessert, or Easter brunch! The cream cheese filling bursts out of the highest of the crunchy sugar coated muffin, making them simply as fairly as they’re tasty!
Ensure to strive my Carrot Cake Recipe too…it’s the ABSOLUTE greatest!
This recipe was initially posted again in 2014. The pictures and recipe ideas have been up to date in 2021, however the recipe stays the identical.
Inside Out Carrot Cake Muffins!
Muffins are fairly under-rated in my home. The dearth of frosting piled on high is a deal breaker…typically a streusel will resolve this problem, typically a glaze…however usually nobody ever requests muffins.
However I believe I’ve solved the problem with these Inside Out Carrot Cake Muffins…as a result of the frosting baked inside, which kinda makes them like cake you’ll be able to eat for breakfast. And everybody appeared to love that concept.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Carrot Cake Muffins Are An Simple Brunch Thought!
These muffins should not solely scrumptious, however they’re so fairly! After they bake the cream cheese filling peeks by way of the tops, which creates a beautiful, crackly end that appears wonderful on a brunch platter!
My children take pleasure in these for breakfast, or as a snack. Although they declare “carrot cake isn’t their favourite”.
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- all goal flour
- baking powder
- kosher salt
- floor cinnamon
- mild brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- vegetable oil
- grated carrots
- coarse sugar
These carrot muffins are actually very simple to make, however there are a number of ideas that I wish to share to be sure to have good outcomes.
- Don’t use pre-grated carrots! I do know it’s good to make use of shortcuts on occasion, however the pre-grated carrots you could purchase within the produce part of most grocery shops are simply too coarse to work effectively in baked items. Save these on your salads. Merely use a grater and grate up some complete carrots. The flavour is so a lot better, there’s extra moisture and they are going to be a lot thinner, giving your muffin an excellent texture!
- You CAN use low fats cream cheese! Look, you don’t must, however you completely CAN use a decrease fats cream cheese for the filling and they’re going to end up nice!
- Don’t over-mix the batter. Preserve these muffins tender and lightweight by simply folding the moist elements into the dry with out over-mixing. That’s the great thing about these as effectively, no stand mixer needed! You should utilize a hand mixer to make the filling creamy, however you can also skip that step and blend it up with a picket spoon!
- Ensure your cream cheese is room temperature! It’s simple to wish to skip this step, however the cream cheese filling will probably be a lot simpler to combine when it’s room temperature, and gained’t be lumpy!
You may get inventive with these muffins if you want! Right here’s a number of concepts:
- Raisins. Quite a lot of people like their carrot cake with raisins, so throw in 1/2 – 3/4 cup to the batter so as to add a bit of extra sweetness!
- Walnuts. Chopped walnuts will add texture, so chop them up and add in 1/2 cup or so!
- Crumb topping! If you wish to go the additional mile, add a bit of crumb topping on high! Ohhh yeah!
However…Are These Carrot Muffins Wholesome?
Ummmm, would you like me to mislead you right here? These aren’t precisely well being meals. There are carrots in there, so I’m going to say that’s one thing. BUT you completely might make these with out the cream cheese filling inside.
How To Retailer:
Since these are full of that cream cheese combination you will want to refrigerate these if you wish to take pleasure in them over the following few days.
And yep, they freeze nice! Simply retailer them in an hermetic container for as much as 30 days, and permit them to thaw at room temperature.
Inside Out Carrot Cake Muffins are the right breakfast or brunch thought!
- 8– ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup all goal flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mild brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar (like Sugar within the Uncooked)
- Filling: Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl till creamy, about 1 minute utilizing a hand mixer. Put aside.
- Muffins: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or coat muffin tin with nonstick spray. Put aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar collectively in massive bowl, put aside.
- In one other medium sized bowl whisk the eggs, oil and water collectively till foamy.
- Stir the moist elements into the flour combination and fold within the carrots.
- Meeting: Place 2 tablespoons of muffin batter into the underside of every muffin tin. Prime with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese combination and at last drop one other tablespoon of muffin batter on high of that, overlaying the cream cheese. Sprinkle generously with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes till the muffins are set.
- Serve heat or room temperature
Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days
Freeze for as much as 30 days
Key phrases:: cookies and cups, carrot cake, carrot cake muffins, muffin recipe, breakfast, brunch, easter
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: