Succulent hen in a recent and zesty sauce with a touch of sweetness.
This honey lemon hen is prepared in 20 minutes. A superb weeknight meal to serve with rice or pasta.
This can be a barely completely different tackle my honey garlic chicken recipe – given a Spring really feel with a lot of beautiful recent lemon juice.
Don’t fret, it isn’t tart or bitter although – the honey and garlic balances it out completely, giving a lip-smacking moreish style.
It is a type of super-quick meals to organize, and means you may make 2 hen breasts swap between 4 folks.
I really like how the sauce sinks into the rice or paste (I nonetheless cannot determined which is my favorite to serve it with).
📋 What do we want?
- Rooster breast – use 2 massive hen breasts, so you have got sufficient meat for 4 folks. Some supermarkets promote ‘fast cook dinner’ hen breast steaks – that are mainly hen breast which have already been sliced in half – these work nice too. Alternatively you possibly can exchange the hen breast with well-trimmed boneless hen thighs.
- Lemons – use recent lemon juice somewhat than the stuff in a bottle. For this recipe the recent flavour is vital.
🔪 The way to make Honey Lemon Rooster
Full recipe with detailed steps within the recipe card on the finish of this put up.
- Coat the sliced hen breast items in seasoned flour and fry in oil and butter till golden.
- Add garlic, hen inventory, lemon juice, honey and lemon slices and stir collectively, then carry the sauce to the boil and let it simmer for five minutes till barely diminished. The sauce will thicken barely because it begins to chill.
- Serve with a sprinkling of parsley over pasta, or over rice.
👩🍳PRO TIP I additionally like this dish served with orzo or couscous and a inexperienced salad for a good lighter meal.
🍽️ What to serve it with
📺 Watch the best way to make it
Honey Lemon Rooster
Succulent hen in a recent and zesty sauce with a touch of sweetness.This honey lemon hen is prepared in 20 minutes.
Place the hen breasts on a tray or board. Combine collectively the flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Coat each side of the hen with the flour combination.
Warmth the oil and butter in a big frying pan over a medium-high warmth, till the butter melts.
Add the hen to the pan and cook dinner for 7-8 minutes, turning as soon as, till each side are golden brown.
Add the garlic, stir for 30 seconds (don’t let the garlic burn), then add the hen inventory, lemon juice, honey and lemon slices.
Deliver to the boil and simmer for five minutes, till the sauce is barely diminished.
Sprinkle with recent parsley and serve with rice or pasta.
This dish style finest cooked and served instantly, however you may make it forward too for those who favor.
Make the entire dish, then cool, cowl and refrigerate for as much as a day.
Reheat in a pan over a medium warmth for 10-12 minutes. Place a lid on the pan to maintain the warmth in throughout reheating. It is a good suggestion so as to add splash (¼ cup or so) of sizzling hen inventory to assist loosen up the sauce once more.
The hen additionally tastes nice chilly for lunch the following day as a part of a salad or wrap.
- Swap out the hen breast for well-trimmed boneless hen thighs.
- Add some warmth with a tablespoon of candy chilli sauce or a teaspoon of sriracha to the sauce.
- Add some quick-cook greens to the pan – corresponding to mange tout, child corn or asparagus.
Dietary data is per serving NOT together with the serving suggestion of rice or pasta.
Energy: 225kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 12gFats: 11gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 47mgSodium: 641mgPotassium: 278mgFiber: 1gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 427IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg
A few of the hyperlinks on this put up could also be affiliate hyperlinks – which implies for those who purchase the product I get a small fee (at no further price to you). In the event you do purchase, then thanks! That’s what helps us to maintain Kitchen Sanctuary operating. The dietary data supplied is approximate and may range relying on a number of elements. For extra data please see our Terms & Conditions.