Fajita Taco Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
This Fajita Taco Salad is without doubt one of the most flavorful and great salads I’ve made. (and I’ve made lots of salads). It does appear like it has a good quantity of elements, but it surely’s pretty simple to make and the elements are fundamental and simply substituted in case you don’t have one thing.
My favourite a part of this taco salad is 2 fold. First, I really like the creamy avocado dressing. It blends up fast and is the proper creamy addition to this Tex-Mex salad.
Second, this salad makes unimaginable lunches. I didn’t even warmth up the steak and veggies. Simply tossed every little thing collectively for a chilly model of this fajita taco salad and man did it hit the spot!
Let’s dive in and make this Fajita Taco Salad!
Making the Steak Fajita
I combined up a easy mix of spices for my steak. This seasoning combine might be greater than you want for the steak, but it surely retains without end and you need to use it for taco evening!
That mentioned, do use a liberal hand when seasoning your flank steak. Cowl it properly! It’s greatest if you are able to do this an hour or two earlier than you wish to cook dinner the fajitas, however in case you don’t have time, that’s high quality additionally.
You may grill this flank steak, clearly, however if you wish to cook dinner them on the stovetop what I like to recommend is searing them in a forged iron skillet for about 5 minutes a facet over medium-high warmth. Then switch them to the oven to complete cooking (your oven ought to already be going b/c you’re clearly making the crunchy corn strips for this recipe!)
The steak is completed when it reaches 140˚F within the thickest a part of the steak. A superb meat thermometer is your pal right here.
Cooking the Fajita Greens
As soon as the steak is completed, take away it from the skillet and add a contemporary drizzle of oil. Then add within the chopped peppers, onions, and jalapenos. These might want to cook dinner for simply 5-6 minutes till they’re charred in spots and beginning to soften. No have to cook dinner them to oblivion.
I prefer to sprinkle on slightly additional of the fajita seasoning because the veggies cook dinner.
Creamy Avocado Dressing
I really like this fast selfmade salad dressing for this salad. Simply combine collectively an avocado and a few bitter cream with lime and spices in a mini meals processor and mix it up!
If it’s too thick for you, you possibly can skinny it with slightly water and season it to your liking.
When you don’t have a meals processor you may make this in a blender, however you’ll want so as to add water to get it to combine (in all probability 2 tablespoons).
Serving the Fajita Taco Salad
To serve this bowl of Tex-Mex deliciousness, chop up some lettuce as your base. Then add sliced steak, fajita veggies, crumbled cheese, crispy corn strips, and a giant dollop of the dressing. Garnish with cilantro and BOOM. Carried out.
Substitutions for the Salad
There are SO many issues you might add to this salad. Listed here are just a few concepts:
- Candy corn
- Black beans
- Ripe avocados
- Roasted chilis
- Any protein as a substitute of steak
Leftovers and Storage
You’ll in all probability have some leftovers for this fajita steak taco salad, which is nice information. The steak and veggies retains nice for just a few days within the fridge. It retains greatest in case you don’t slice the steak till you’re able to serve it.
No have to even reheat the elements to make a lunch salad. Every part is scrumptious chilly as properly!
A hearty, wholesome salad with all of the scrumptious Tex-Mex Fajita Flavors: Chili Flank Steak, Sauteed Veggies, and a creamy Avocado Lime sauce. YUM!
1 1/2 kilos flank steak
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 pink pepper, sliced
1 inexperienced pepper, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
2 jalapeno peppers, halved (non-obligatory)
1 head inexperienced lettuce, chopped
4-6 ounces cotija cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons floor cumin
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon pink pepper flakes
Crispy Corn Strips:
6 corn tortillas, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 lime, juice
Creamy Avocado Dressing:
1/2 cup bitter cream
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
1/2 lime, juice solely
Salt and pepper, to style
To make crispy corn strips:
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Chop corn tortillas into lengthy strips and add to a bowl. Toss with olive oil, chili, salt, and lime juice. Unfold out corn strips on a baking sheet.
- Bake corn strips for about 10-12 minutes, turning as soon as midway by means of till the strips are very crispy. Take away from oven and they’ll proceed to crisp up as they cool.
To make Dressing:
- Mix elements in a small meals processor and pulse till easy. If the dressing appears too thick, drizzle in some water to skinny it out till it reaches the specified consistency.
To make Fajitas:
- Mix spice combine in a small bowl after which rub the flank steak properly with the spice combine. You’ll in all probability solely want about half of the spice combine for the steak, however save the remainder for taco evening!
- Place a big forged iron skillet over medium warmth. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and flank steak. If steak is simply too massive to suit, you possibly can reduce it in half.
- Prepare dinner flank steak for 4-5 minutes per facet till the steak is properly charred on either side. Then switch the forged iron skillet to the oven to complete cooking for one more 5-6 minutes (you are able to do this whereas the corn strips are cooking as properly).
- Steak is completed when it reaches an inside temperature of 140˚F within the thickest a part of the steak. When you don’t have an excellent meat thermometer you may need to slice into it to check the temperature.
- When steak is completed, take away it from the forged iron skillet and canopy it with foil. Let it relaxation. Place skillet again on stovetop and add one other drizzle of oil over medium warmth. Add sliced peppers and onions and jalapenos (non-obligatory). Sprinkle the veggies with slightly additional fajita seasoning.
- Prepare dinner veggies for 5-6 minutes till they’re properly charred.
To serve the salad, chop some inexperienced lettuce and divide between bowls. Slice rested flank steak throughout the grain and place on lettuce. Add fajita veggies across the steak after which add crumbled cheese, corn strips, and a dollop of avocado dressing. Garnish with cilantro and revel in.
Leftovers retailer properly for just a few days and makes for nice lunches!