Stuffed Peppers appear fancy however it’s a straightforward technique to serve peppers! Tender bell peppers filled with a zesty floor beef, sausage, rice, and tomato filling. High all of it with cheese and bake till bubbly.
Serve these with a recent salad and a few crusty bread (for sopping up any sauce).
Stuffed Bell Peppers are simple to make and everybody loves them!
- MEAT We fill these with a combination of beef and sausage however you need to use one or the opposite (and even floor turkey in case you want)
- RICE I exploit lengthy grain white rice however I do typically exchange the rice with Cauliflower Rice.
- SAUCE Use your fave marinara sauce or pasta sauce. Add in some herbs (recent in case you’ve acquired them) and onions. Should you like just a little warmth, stir in some chili flakes.
Peppers for Stuffed Peppers
Whereas I used inexperienced peppers on this recipe, any colour bell pepper (pink/yellow/orange) will work simply wonderful. The peppers do have completely different flavors so it may rely in your private style desire.
- Inexperienced peppers are a bit zestier and we love the flavour with the filling combination.
- Should you like sweeter peppers, pink, yellow, or orange are nice choices.
Tips on how to make Stuffed Peppers
My mates typically ask me how one can make stuffed bell peppers and my response is all the time the identical – it’s really easy! Whereas these could look tough, in case you comply with these simple steps, you should have good stuffed peppers each time!
- Brown meat, onion, and garlic (per recipe beneath). Add tomato sauce, rice and seasonings and prepare dinner till rice is tender.
- Whereas the filling is cooking, put together your peppers by simmering 5 minutes to melt and even bake them within the oven for quarter-hour in case you’d like.
- Fill peppers with pasta sauce, meat and rice combination. High with cheese and bake till bubbly!
I normally minimize my peppers throughout the highest however you may also minimize them high to backside to make smaller parts (like in these Mexican Stuffed Peppers).
Do You Must Pre-cook the Peppers Earlier than Stuffing Them? No you don’t need to precook the peppers, however they do keep fairly crisp in case you don’t pre-cook them. I believe they’re higher in case you pre-cook them a bit.
How Lengthy to Cook dinner Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers needs to be cooked at about 350°F for about 45 minutes. Remember to cowl with foil through the preliminary 30-35 minutes to make sure they don’t dry out. Uncover and high with cheese and bake for the remaining 10 minutes or so till brown and bubbly.
This dish goes properly with a recent salad and bread. Listed below are some favorites:
Make Forward & Leftovers
Stuffed peppers might be frozen and they’re an ideal make-ahead meal!
To Freeze Stuffed Peppers put together and bake as directed beneath. They are often frozen individually or collectively in a baking dish. To re-heat, merely thaw within the fridge in a single day and bake in a 350°F oven till heated by means of.
Tender bell peppers filled with a zesty beef and rice filling with tomato sauce are baked till bubbly.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lower the tops off the peppers (reserve the tops), take away seeds and membranes and discard. Chop tops of the peppers so as to add to the filling.
Deliver a big pot of water to a boil and prepare dinner peppers 5 minutes. Take away and drain properly.
In a big skillet, brown beef, sausage, onion & garlic over medium excessive warmth till no pink stays. Drain any fats.
Stir within the diced tomatoes with juice, rice, 1 ¼ cup water, diced pepper tops, Worcestershire sauce, and Italian seasoning.
Deliver to a simmer, scale back warmth and canopy. Cook dinner 15-20 minutes or till rice is tender. You may add extra water if wanted. Stir in ½ cup marinara sauce.
Place 1 ½ cups of marinara sauce within the backside of a 9×13 pan. Fill every pepper with the rice combination. Spoon remaining marinara sauce over peppers.
Cowl with foil and bake 35 minutes. Take away foil, baste peppers with any sauce within the backside. High with cheddar and bake a further 10 minutes or till cheese is melted and peppers are tender.
Should you firmer/tender-crisp peppers, skip the boiling step and bake as directed.
Energy: 385, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 18g, Fats: 21g, Saturated Fats: 8g, Ldl cholesterol: 64mg, Sodium: 922mg, Potassium: 933mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 4255IU, Vitamin C: 166.8mg, Calcium: 137mg, Iron: 3.7mg
(Diet info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.)
Key phrase bell peppers, simple, stuffed peppers, with rice