These Straightforward Hen Flautas (Flautas De Pollo) are fast to make, crispy on the skin and flavor-packed on the within! You may fry these for the crunchiest shell, and even bake, or air-fry! Serve them as a simple dinner, or an appetizer on Sport Day, these are all the time successful!
Serve these Flautas with my Avocado Salsa! It’s delish!
Get Prepared To Make Straightforward Hen Flautas (Flautas De Pollo) At House!
I grew up in Texas the place Tex-Mex meals was out there at each flip. Once I moved to New Jersey I spotted that not all elements of the nation serve up their Tex-Mex fairly the identical. I discovered if I needed the great things I needed to make it at house!
My stepmom is Mexican, so I’ve useful resource for Mexican meals recipes…and whereas a number of Tex-Mex meals isn’t precisely authentically Mexican (removed from it truly), I’ve discovered a bit bit alongside the way in which.
I all the time order flautas out at eating places, however the recipe I’m sharing in the present day reveals you ways simple they’re to make at house! And the wonderful thing about home made is which you can alter the flavors to no matter you want finest!
What Is A Flauta?
Flauta is definitely Spanish for flute, which is how they bought their title! They’re a protracted, skinny, rolled taco.
You may fill flautas with no matter child of shredded meat you want, rooster, steak, pork, or perhaps a veggie model utilizing potatoes! The meat is seasoned up properly with spices like cumin, garlic, cayenne and so on. and be happy to mess around with no matter seasoning blends you’re keen on. Then you definitely fill the tortilla with the meat, roll it up tightly and deep fry it to get that crispy exterior. After you have the fundamentals of constructing flautas, you may get actually artistic!
After all my flautas recipe isn’t utterly genuine as a result of I needed to make a extra tacky model! I believe the filling that I exploit is loopy scrumptious and am fairly certain when you like cheese, you’ll too!
What’s The Distinction Between A Flauta And A Taquito?
Flautas and taquitos can simply be interchanged. They’re primarily the identical, however flautas use a flour tortilla whereas taquitos use a corn tortilla. Additionally flautas are typically imagined to be thinner (skinnier) than a taquito.
They’re primarily the identical and the names are sometimes interchanged, so let’s not get hung up on this minor element!
- Shredded cooked rooster. It is a good spot to make use of a shortcut like a Rotisserie rooster. It’s also possible to use leftover rooster, or you may simply pop some rooster breasts within the sluggish cooker 3-4 hours earlier than you put together these and shred it!
- Seasonings: paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. You may get artistic with flavors right here and add a bit warmth like cayenne pepper, or a bit smokiness and use smoked paprika.
- Salsa. Right here you need to use your favourite model of salsa, or home made. You can even use salsa verde when you favor!
- Cream cheese. You should use low fats cream cheese right here if you need!
- Grated Monterey Jack cheese. Or you may actually use any sort of cheese like cheddar, Colby Jack, a Mexican Mix, and even Pepper Jack!
- Flour tortillas. Ensure to get 8- inch tortillas, They’re generally known as Burrito-style.
- Vegetable oil or Canola oil to fry. Any gentle shade oil will work!
How To Make Hen Flautas (Flautas De Pollo)
Making these flautas may be very simple, and my youngsters make them on their very own now and again. The one step you actually would possibly want to assist is the frying, however truthfully, they’re easy! Plus I’m going to incorporate different strategies for cooking them if frying isn’t your factor!
- Make Your Filling: Ina skillet mix the rooster, seasonings, salsa, and cream cheese. Take away this from the warmth and add within the grated cheese, stirring to mix.
- Assemble Your Flautas: Fill every tortilla with about 3 tablespoons of the rooster combination. You need your flautas to be stuffed, however not over-filled, as it would squeeze out the ends whenever you roll them up! Roll them up tightly and safe every with a toothpick to carry collectively.
- Fry: Warmth oil in a big Dutch Oven till it reaches 350°F. I prefer to fill my Dutch oven about 2- inches deep with oil so the flautas deep fry and cook dinner evenly. You may add much less oil and do extra of a pan fry when you favor that methodology as properly.
- Cool: Switch to a paper towel lined baking sheet to empty and funky barely earlier than serving.
What Garnishes Are Good On Hen Flautas?
So many choices to garnish your flauta…or truthfully take pleasure in them plain! Completely as much as you! Listed here are a number of concepts we like:
- Bitter Cream
Different Cooking Strategies:
These flautas can simply be baked in addition to fried. This could reduce on a few of the fats and energy. Or when you simply don’t prefer to fry meals and all of the mess that comes together with that!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Prep the flautas because the recipe states in steps 1 and a couple of.
- Place the flautas on the prepped baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, flipping as soon as all through baking till golden and crisp.
The Air-Fryer is a superb kitchen software that may mimc the outcomes of deep frying. Listed here are the straightforward steps:
- Preheat your air fryer too 400°F.
- Prep the flautas because the recipe states in steps 1 and a couple of.
- Flippantly spray or brush the flautas with olive oil
Suggestions For the Greatest Flautas:
Listed here are some ideas to remember whenever you make flautas:
- Don’t over-fill your flautas. The filling will squeeze out whenever you roll them up, and likewise they filling will get very brown when they’re fried.
- Alternately don’t UNDER-fill them both! In any other case you’ll simply have a fried tortilla!
- Ensure to make use of the toothpick. It’d seem to be an annoying step, however if you’re frying these they may most actually unroll as soon as they hit that sizzling oil!
- Use different meat too! You may simply use shredded beef or pork instead of the rooster. Or make a veggie model utilizing potatoes and beans!
Flautas are a tremendous dinner concept, and a enjoyable method to combine up your Taco Tuesday. However these make nice appetizers for a celebration or Sport Day!
Make Flautas In Advance:
You may fill and roll the flautas as much as a day upfront, which is a superb choice if you’re entertaining! You may fry them whenever you’re able to serve.
OR when you don’t love the thought of frying up flautas on the day of your occasion, go forward and fry them a day forward and reheat them within the oven! They may crisp again up properly!
How To Retailer and Reheat Hen Flautas:
You may completely warmth the extras up within the microwave in a pinch, however after all they gained’t be crisp. So in order for you that crunchy exterior I like to recommend reheating these within the oven or air-fryer.
- Oven: Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes
- Air Fryer: Preheat air fryer to 400°F for six – 8 minutes, flipping as soon as.
Love Tex Mex? Right here Are A Few Extra Recipes You May Like?
This Straightforward Hen Flautas (Flautas De Pollo) are fast to make and completely scrumptious! They’re tacky, rooster stuffed rolled tacos, deep fried so that they’re crispy on the skin!
- 3 cups shredded cooked rooster
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 (8- inch) flour tortillas
- vegetable oil for frying
- to garnish – shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, bitter cream, avocado, black olives
- In a medium skillet mix the rooster, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, salsa, and cream cheese. As soon as mixed and heat sprinkle within the grated cheese, stir to mix and take away from the warmth.
- Fill every tortilla with 3- tablespoons of rooster filling, roll tightly and safe with a toothpick. *Tip – Place the filling off-center within the tortilla earlier than rolling, and squeeze evenly whereas rolling, so the filling distributes, however doesn’t squeeze out. Put aside.
- Warmth a big Dutch oven full of vegetable oil 2 – 3 inches deep over medium warmth till it reaches 350°F.
- Warmth oven to heat. Line a big baking sheet with paper towels and put aside.
- Two at a time, fry the flautas within the sizzling oil for 3 – 4 minutes till frivolously browned. Take away from oil, place on the ready baking sheet and place in oven to maintain heat. Repeat with remaining flautas.
- Garnish as desired.
Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
To reheat, place in a preheated 350°F oven for 7 – 10 minutes, or till heat.
Need To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: