Bringing out one in every of my fav recipes from the personal chef days manner again within the day! I’d make vats of this on a weekly foundation and retailer it for breakfasts and snacks. It’s essentially the most excellent granola recipe there may be!
After I inform you that that is the perfect do-it-yourself coconut granola recipe on this planet – I’m not kidding you. The nuts, the coconut, the dried fruit, the chocolate, all of it mixed with the oats make for essentially the most flavorful bites. I throw this into yogurt. I eat it plain by the handful. I’ve been identified so as to add it on prime of a bowl of ice cream. As soon as I even folded it into the batter of banana bread earlier than baking. It’s actually my all time fav.
Some issues to consider on the subject of making do-it-yourself coconut granola:
- Dried Fruit – sure you should utilize any form of dried fruit! Freeze dried fruit can also be scrumptious on this. Dried blueberries and apricots each make frequent appearances in my kitchen.
- Chocolate – on the subject of chocolate, semi-sweet or darkish chocolate chips are my 2 favorites. Solely factor to remember, is don’t add it to the granola till it’s cooled. In any other case it can soften all over the place – which isn’t the tip of the world however not fairly as fairly.
- Nuts – I like cashews and almonds, however you should utilize any sorts of nuts you favor. Walnuts. Pecans. Brazil Nuts. You identify it. Simply ensure they aren’t seasoned and plain. They’ll get roasted within the oven so no want to purchase roasted nuts forward of time.
- Oats – Outdated Normal Oats are the way in which to go! Belief me!! Fast oats and metal reduce oats do NOT make the proper granola when you ask me.
Home made Coconut Granola
Really the perfect do-it-yourself granola you may ever make!! It is loaded with shredded coconut, chocolate, toasted oats and loads of nuts. It is PERFECTION
- 3 cups quaint rolled oats
- 3/4 cup complete almonds, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup complete cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup darkish chocolate chips, plus further as wanted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried strawberries
Preheat oven to 325 levels F.
In a big bowl, mix the oats, cashews, almonds, coconut, salt and cinnamon and put aside.
In a medium saucepan, soften the butter, honey and brown sugar till the sugar has fully dissolved. Take away the combination from the warmth and stir within the vanilla extract.
Pour the butter combination over the oat combination and stir to mix till every little thing is properly coated. Unfold the granola combination onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving a number of massive clumps. Bake the granola for quarter-hour. Take away from the oven and break up the items to make sure even baking. Place the baking sheet again into the oven for one more quarter-hour.
Take away the sheet pan from the oven and provides it another toss to interrupt up a few of the items and place again into the oven for the final 10 minutes.
Take away the baking sheet from the oven and let it cool fully. As soon as cooled, add the chocolate chips and the dried fruit. Give it a fast toss with a spoon after which serve or bundle and retailer.
5 Suggestions from a Non-public Chef e mail collection
Get my newest recipes + my bonus 5 Suggestions From a Non-public Chef e mail collection