A bit spin on everyones fav stuffed pepper recipe from my cookbook – prepare for these vegetarian pleasant Coconut Curry Stuffed Peppers!
Stuffed Peppers have been are manner of stay within the Dalkin family after I was rising up! My grandfather on my mothers facet was Bulgarian and he loooooved a stuffed pepper state of affairs. Normally they have been filled with rice and meat and spices, however I’ve been oddly shopping for numerous coconut milk just lately (I do not know why) and having simply re-organized my spice pantry discovered 123123 bottles of curry powder…. so this Coconut Curry Stuffed Peppers recipe was born!
It’s nice in case you’re vegetarian! If you wish to add some floor meat to the quinoa combination, have at it! Simply add slightly further curry powder to pack some extra taste. And simply know that the toppings actually deliver this all collectively so dont be skimpy!
A number of issues to bear in mind:
- discover how I reduce the pepper from prime to backside, strive it this manner fairly that reducing in in half within the center! It’s a lot prettier!
- curry powder – ensure that it’s a reasonably latest buy so it’s as flavorful because it’s meant to be! Spices final for about 12-18 months so simply one thing to bear in mind. The longer they sit, the much less potent they turn into.
- in case you’re not into quinoa – this totally will work with rice – simply be sure to’re including sufficient liquid to cook dinner the grain.
Coconut Curry Stuffed Peppers
A spin on everyones favourite stuffed peppers – however this time with a coconut curry taste profile!
- 4 massive bell peppers halved (from prime to backside), seeds eliminated
- 1 cup multi-colored quinoa
- 1 cup full fats coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 cups child spinach
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, plus extra as wanted
- 4 inexperienced onions, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to style
- Thai Basil
- Sliced Inexperienced Onions
Prepare dinner the quinoa in keeping with the package deal instructions with the coconut milk and the remaining liquid being water.
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F and flippantly grease a 9×13 baking dish or rimmed baking sheet. Brush the halved peppers with vegetable oil and place them reduce facet up on the baking sheet.
Warmth the olive in a medium skillet over excessive warmth. Add the onion and sauté for five minutes till tender. Add within the mushrooms and cook dinner for an extra 10 minutes. Add the spinach and let wild fully, stir to mix. Add the garlic and ginger and curry powder and stir to mix and cook dinner till aromatic. Add the combination to the cooked quinoa, stir within the inexperienced onions and blend properly. Season with salt and pepper and additional curry powder as wanted.
Generously stuff halved peppers with quinoa combination till all peppers are full, then cowl the dish with foil.
5 Ideas from a Personal Chef electronic mail sequence
Get my newest recipes + my bonus 5 Ideas From a Personal Chef electronic mail sequence