We love hearty, contemporary, grain-based salads, and this barley salad isn’t any exception!
This superfood grain is crunchy, colourful, and nutritious and jam-packed with contemporary greens and a zesty dressing!
Barley is simple to search out, inexpensive, and has a light nutty taste. It goes nice with all types of elements and may be served scorching or chilly.
VEGGIES This barley salad is a play on our favourite Greek salad recipe with, juicy tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and candy pink onions.
OLIVES We add tangy kalamata olives for a punch of taste, however sub out black olives should you choose.
CHEESE Feta cheese provides a pleasant salty taste on this recipe.
One batch of this Mediterranean-style barley salad can final an entire week! Don’t be afraid to combine and match elements in your fridge.
Olive oil, vinegar, and lemon are excellent on this salad or toss it with a easy Greek salad dressing. It’s nice with nearly any French dressing.
How one can Make Barley Salad?
Wholesome, scrumptious barley salad is tremendous simple to make!
- Cook dinner barley in salted water in response to the recipe beneath.
- Chop greens.
- Drain and funky barley utterly. PRO TIP: To shortly cool barley, unfold it out on a sheet pan, and place it within the freezer for a couple of minutes.
- Place chopped greens in a big bowl, add barley and dressing.
- Garnish with feta cheese and chopped parsley. Serve instantly.
Storage Ideas for Barley
- Retailer raw barley in a sealed bag or container and hold it in a cool, dry place like a pantry.
- To retailer barley salad, hold the salad in a container with a tight-fitting lid within the fridge and it ought to last as long as 7 days.
Did you make this Barley Salad? You’ll want to go away a remark and a ranking beneath!
This Barley Salad is a colourful, enjoyable twist on Greek salad!
Deliver salted water to a boil. Add barley, scale back warmth to a simmer and canopy. Cook dinner 25 minutes or till barley is tender. Drain any liquid and funky utterly.
Whereas barley is cooking, chop greens and place in a big bowl.
Add cooled barley and dressing. Toss properly to mix.
Garnish with feta cheese and parsley. Chill 1 hour earlier than serving.
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 7 days.
Energy: 559, Carbohydrates: 47g, Protein: 9g, Fats: 39g, Saturated Fats: 7g, Ldl cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 1298mg, Potassium: 368mg, Fiber: 10g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 1369IU, Vitamin C: 45mg, Calcium: 108mg, Iron: 2mg
(Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.)
Key phrase Barley Salad, Barley Salad recipe, finest Barley Salad recipe, the best way to make Barley Salad