This baked Mostaccioli is a simple pasta dish with a wealthy meaty sauce topped with cheese and baked till bubbly.
This meal is nice to make forward, reheats and freezes completely and everybody LOVES it.
A conventional pasta bake recipe (on this case mostaccioli) is loaded with meat and cheese in a wealthy and hearty tomato sauce!
So what’s mostaccioli? Mostaccioli is a pasta form similar to penne nevertheless it has a clean exterior as an alternative of ridged. This hearty pasta is a thick, heavy tube, with diagonal ends.
PASTA In fact we use Mostaccioli however penne is the right substitute. You should use any medium formed pasta on this recipe.
TOMATO SAUCE We use marinara sauce as the bottom with canned diced tomatoes for texture. A splash of cream softens the tang from the tomatoes and provides a little bit of richness.
MEAT Floor beef is our selection on this recipe as I nearly all the time have it available. Italian sausage is a superb substitute (or actually any floor meat). You’ll be able to even make this with meatballs in case you have some!
CHEESE We prime this with mozzarella and parmesan. Whereas I don’t advocate pre-shredded cheese for sauces, they’re a good time saver for topping tacky casseroles.
- Turkey, beef, or pork sausage might be added.
- For a vegetarian or meatless model, combine in a mixture of diced veggies like chopped spinach, onions, diced zucchini, sliced mushrooms, and/or eggplant.
- Add some ricotta cheese, and pop within the oven (we love ricotta in baked ziti too)!
Methods to Make Baked Mostaccioli
- Brown beef, onion, and garlic. (Per the recipe beneath)
- Stir within the sauce components and simmer.
- Whereas the sauce simmers, cook dinner the pasta al dente.
- Layer the pasta with sauce in a casserole dish, prime with cheese and bake till bubbly.
PRO TIP: As soon as absolutely baked, put the Mostaccioli beneath the broiler for about 3 minutes to make it browned and bubbly!
Make-Forward (& Leftovers)
- Prep and canopy within the fridge. Whenever you’re prepared, bake for 45 minutes in a preheated oven. It might keep within the fridge for about 3 days earlier than baking.
- Or, prep and freeze wrapped in plastic and aluminum foil for as much as 3 months (ensure the date is labeled on the skin). Let the casserole thaw within the fridge in a single day and bake as directed.
- No time to thaw from frozen? Merely take away all of the plastic wrap, cowl with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes after which take away the foil and bake one other 20-Half-hour till the cheese is bubbly!
Extra Pasta Bakes
Did your loved ones love this Baked Mostaccioli? Remember to depart a score and a remark beneath!
Creamy Baked Mostaccioli
This creamy pasta dish is budget-friendly and really easy to arrange. It is excellent to feed a crowd or for a fast weeknight meal!
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13 pan.
Cook dinner pasta in response to package deal instructions in salted water till al dente. Don’t overcook.
In the meantime, in a big saucepan brown floor beef, onion, and garlic till no pink stays. Drain any fats.
Stir in marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, and sugar. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and simmer a further 5 minutes or till thickened.
Unfold 1 cup of sauce within the backside of the ready pan. Add half of the cooked pasta and prime with half of the remaining sauce.
Add remaining pasta, prime with remaining sauce and cheeses.
Bake 25-Half-hour or till sizzling and the cheese is calmly browned.
Substitute Italian sausage (or your favourite any floor meat for beef.
For a vegetarian or meatless model, combine in a mixture of diced veggies like chopped spinach, onions, diced zucchini, sliced mushrooms, and/or eggplant.
Make Forward: Prep and canopy within the fridge. Whenever you’re prepared, bake for 45 minutes in a preheated oven. It might keep within the fridge for about 3 days earlier than baking.
Freeze: Freeze wrapped in plastic and aluminum foil for as much as 3 months.
Thaw: Let the casserole thaw within the fridge in a single day and bake as directed (chances are you’ll want so as to add a couple of minutes additional cook dinner time).
Cook dinner From Frozen: Merely take away all of the plastic wrap, cowl with aluminum foil and place it within the oven as you preheat the oven. Bake for 45 minutes after which take away the foil and bake a further 20-Half-hour.
Energy: 523, Carbohydrates: 44g, Protein: 26g, Fats: 28g, Saturated Fats: 15g, Trans Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 104mg, Sodium: 870mg, Potassium: 767mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 1146IU, Vitamin C: 13mg, Calcium: 256mg, Iron: 4mg
(Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.)
Key phrase Baked Mostaccioli, Baked Mostaccioli recipe, greatest Baked Mostaccioli, methods to make Baked Mostaccioli