Baked Cod is gently cooked in a lemon butter sauce and surrounded by roasted tomatoes and capers.
This can be a excellent fast and simple fish recipe that may be prepared in lower than half-hour. It’s easy but contemporary and flavorful!
We love this recipe for Baked Cod.
- It’s easy and quick!
- The fish comes out tender and flaky each time.
- It’s gentle contemporary and a wholesome different to pink meat.
COD If fillets are too massive, change them with cod loins that are shorter however fatter. They’ll take longer to prepare dinner and a meat thermometer must be used to verify they’re baked absolutely by way of. Each cuts of cod could be discovered contemporary or frozen!
SAUCE Lemon juice and butter are a perfect match for the delicate, buttery taste of cod.
TOMATOES Roasted tomatoes give the dish a savory taste and a pop of shade.
BASIL Recent herbs are the right method to end off this dish earlier than serving.
Variation: A lightweight, breaded topping could be made by combining some Panko breadcrumbs with olive oil, lemon zest and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Sprinkle excessive of the fish earlier than baking.
PRO TIP: Place the baked fish below the broiler for 1 minute for an additional crunchy crust on the highest.
Find out how to Bake Cod
It’s really easy to make this luscious and flaky cod, and it simply takes a number of fast prep steps to excellent fish!
- Toss cod with lemon juice & 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a bowl. Chill within the fridge.
- Toss tomatoes with remaining olive oil, garlic, basil, capers, salt, & pepper; roast.
- Nestle the cod with roasted tomatoes & capers, drizzle butter over the cod, bake in keeping with the recipe beneath.
What to Serve with Baked Cod
- Maintain leftover cod in an hermetic container within the fridge as much as 3 days. It makes nice leftovers as Fish Tacos!
- Reheat within the microwave, serve chilly over a salad, or tuck right into a wrap for a workday lunch.
- Cod could be frozen for as much as two months if wrapped tightly, however the texture gained’t be the identical as soon as it’s thawed. On this case, use it in soups or stews.
Our Fave Fish Dishes
Did you make this Baked Cod? Be sure you go away a ranking and a remark beneath!
Baked cod with cherry tomatoes & seasonings is a wholesome, flavorful entree that is prepared in half-hour!
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss cod with lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Place within the fridge.
Toss tomatoes with remaining tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, basil, capers, and salt & pepper to style. Place in a 9×13 pan and roast 10 minutes.
Take away cod from the fridge and nestle within the pan with the tomatoes. Drizzle melted butter over cod.
Bake for 11-14 minutes or simply till opaque and the fish flakes simply. Don’t overcook.
Take away from the oven and sprinkle with parsley and basil earlier than serving.
In case your fish filets are thicker they may want extra time.
Energy: 838, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 161g, Fats: 15g, Saturated Fats: 5g, Trans Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 402mg, Sodium: 655mg, Potassium: 3901mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 908IU, Vitamin C: 28mg, Calcium: 162mg, Iron: 4mg
(Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.)
Key phrase Baked Cod, Baked Cod recipe, greatest Baked Cod, learn how to make Baked Cod